Monday 21 May 2012

decorating



The yellow floral walls in the living room are gone in favour of Dulux Timeless paint ( a slightly creamy white).
Still to do in this room - new fireplace/ fitted white cupboards and shelves to go in alcoves/ new curtains/ radiator covers/ a couple of pictures to go up/ and new cushions.







We have put some pictures up. This Zhen huan lu print has been put up on the fireplace wall in our bedroom. I saw this print in a similar frame in a shop for about £200!! I found the poster on allposters.co.uk for about £20 and then bought an £8 frame :)



I love this family print from not on the high street. The hubbie bought it for me at Christmas.




Painting the living room ment taking down the printer trays - good excuse to give them a clean:




The bambi print my Mum bought me last year is now up in the downstairs loo. The wall to the right in this pic will have Cath Kidston paper on it.




And the small glass mirror has been replaced with the shabby chic unit i bought at the Handmaid and vintage fair.




Our bedroom now has some prints above our bed. My man bought the I love you to the moon and back print at christmas, i got him the i love you more print for valentines day. I have a nice i love us print to go in the top right frame. The bottom left picture has various love quotes - it was something i made the man a couple of years ago. (yep, we are a soppy pair!) I also want a low headboard for the bed too.





xx

Lovely things:

1) Dinner and drinks with our neighbours.
2) Lunch/bowling and arcade games with just my youngest.
3) lovely packages in the post.














8 comments:

Lyn said...

it's looking lovely, I love the word prints about loving to the moon and back and love you more!
xxx

magie said...

Sounds like you have been busy busy with the painting!
I love your collection of prints..what a bargain as well with the Zhen Huan Lu print poster (what a savings!).
I like the little family print as well, so cute :)
Have a lovely week
Magie x

Sharon said...

do you know where your hubby got the I Love you to the Moon and Back print from? I say that to my DD (aged 22!) all the time but I've never seen a print of it. Thanks.

Crafty Helen said...

Your husband is very romantic buying that print - lucky you. XX

thriftwood said...

What a lovely home you have, and love the glimpse of the front door! Mine probably had one like that in a past life, but previous owners thought a plastic one would look better, unfortunately! Have a lovely week, Claire xx

LissyLou said...

Hi sharon. I say it to my eldest boy too. I got him a painted box with those words on from tkmaxx.

I'm afraid i don't know where the print was from, but i have seen a few different ones on line.

I love this little plaque with the words from amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/love-freestanding-Wooden-Plaque-Block/dp/B005TH08E2/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337700650&sr=8-2-fkmr0

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

It looks so warm and cosy!

I love the Bambi print, where is it from?

Victoria x

classic radiator cabinets said...

love the first three pictures, most comfortable and the most relaxing area and i love the way you decorate.