Monday 23 March 2009

Mothers day and Swaps!!!

I had such a lovely Mothers Day yesterday. I had my mum over for breakfast.

I got some lovely cards from the boys
And i got the Emma Bridgewater mug i asked for!!
The red envelope has vouchers for painting pottery.
I got lots of lovely daffs.


After breakfast we went to church parade (my eldest is a Beaver Scout) Me and my mum got given more flowers. We then called into Costa for a quick drink and cake. In the afternoon we met up with my In laws for dinner at Grahams on the green in Writtle.
SWAPS

I like this swapping buisness!! This was my first swap. So when i got my parcel from Rachel, i ripped open the paper like a child at christmas!! Thank you Rachel. x

The pieces are so well made. I really need to start making more things!! The purple heart is a brooch - isn't it lovely, just my colour!! I am going to alternate wearing it on a coat/cardi, putting it on bags and maybe even pining it to a cushion.

Funnily enough we both got/gave love hearts and the same chocolate hearts!!

He is my parcel to her. I loved doing this:

The finished products ready to go and below is the first heart/thing i have made on a sewing machine since i was a teen making a baby playmat for a college project. I am quite proud of it, although i did make a mistake of not leaving a gap until i reached the top. I found it really tricky to hand sew it up on the heart curve. Oh well, practise makes perfect as they say!!


xx

9 comments:

Shsjndkdns said...

Sounds like a lovely mothers day. And a very pretty swap too. Well done on your heart, personally I don't do my hearts on the machine as its too much of a fiddle! Have you tried the pinking method? Much easier!:D X

Poppy said...

The table looks lovely and pretty!

Great heart swap and the heart you made looks lovely.

Gorgeous cards from the boys too!
Lou
xxx

Thecraftytrundler said...

It was a lovely Mother's day wasn't it? The cards, flowers, and pressies are lovely!
I have done the heart swap too, and it is also my first one. As I have been so busy with my daughter's decorating, and move, I haven't had time to take pics. Now most of the main decorating is done, I will have to do a post, when I receive mine!! It has been great fun, and I am doing Faerie Nuff's Easter swap too.
You have made a great job of your first heart!! Look forward to seeing your next creations!

Have a lovely week : )

Sharon xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Mother's Day you had!!Your table setting looks beautiful.

Hollypop's said...

Looks like you had a great Mothers Day, the breakfast table looks lovely.
All your heart swap things look lovely, the heart you made is lovely too.
Take care.
Nickyx

Heidi said...

Your table looks so beautiful and lots of wonderful yummies to eat. How wonderful to have your mother there for breakfast. It sounds like you had a very pleasant Mothering Sunday.

Hugs ~
Heidi

julia said...

Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day, what lovely cards the boys made. Now back to reality and the huge pile of ironing awaiting me!
Julia xx

Emily said...

Your table looks lovely and your "swap" sure looks fun too. I hope you have a great day :)

periwinkle said...

lovely table - swaps are great aren.t they
lisa x